There are many different types of addiction and they can affect you at any time in your life. The most common addictions include taking drugs or consuming alcohol. There are a number of options available when it comes to finding the right drug and alcohol rehab in Croydon for you.Croydon
If you’re struggling with any types of addition to drugs or alcohol, Addiction Advocates can help you on your way to finding the right drug and alcohol rehab for you in Croydon. We’re here to help you take that first step towards recovery and a drug or alcohol-free life.
How Does a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Service Work?
The first step that you can expect when you attend a drug and alcohol rehab is a detox service. Detoxification is the process of cleansing your body of all the harmful toxins. Substance abuse results in your body becoming used to having these substances in your bloodstream. The only way to completely clear all of these harmful toxins from your body is to completely stop the alcohol or drug intake. If you are suffering with severe addiction, this may be done in gradual stages.
During your detoxification stage, you may experience some negative withdrawal symptoms which will likely be quite uncomfortable for you. The severity of these withdrawal symptoms will depend on how severe your addiction is.
Below are some examples of mild symptoms of withdrawal:
- Muscle aches
- Abdominal cramps
- Bone aches
Below are some examples of moderate symptoms of withdrawal:
Below are some examples of severe symptoms of withdrawal:
- Increased anxiety
- Dangerously high heart rate
For severe symptoms, prescription medication may be provided to help alleviate the negative impacts of these symptoms.
The reasons above are why it is not recommended that you attempt to detox on your own. Detoxing yourself at home can have life threatening consequences.
Once you have successfully completed the detox stage of rehab, you will be moved on to the next stages which are focussed on healing your mind and clearing your thoughts.
During this mind-healing stage, you will participate in daily counselling sessions with qualified therapists. You will also attend regular support groups and therapy sessions including cognitive behavioural therapy sessions. Cognitive behavioural therapy is designed to help you understand your thoughts in a much better way so that you can have more control when it comes to removing your addictive habits. CBT will also help you to determine any triggers or cravings that may occur and will help you learn how to overcome these when you come to return to your normal life after rehab.
How Do You Know If Your Are Ready for a Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
One of the biggest steps towards a more positive future is to firstly admit that you are ready for a rehab treatment. There are a number of signs that you can look out for to determine whether of not you are ready for a treatment in a rehab centre. However, the fact that you are here reading this right now is a clear sign that you are ready to reach out and seek rehab treatment. Below are some other ways that will help you determine whether or not you are ready for rehab:
- Your Stability is Beginning to Slip – People who suffer with addictions find it a lot more difficult to keep a steady job, stay in education, or keep a healthy marriage going. If you get to the point where you find yourself losing control of of your life or if any of the above statements resonate with you, then it will very quickly become a downward spiral. This is a sign that you should seek treatment in a rehab centre.
- Your Doctor Has Warned You About Your Health – If your doctor has expressed concerns regarding your addiction taking habits, or if they have found any health problems relating to your substance abuse, then this is a clear warning sign that you need to start taking your addiction seriously and that you should seek treatment as soon as possible.
- Finding Yourself in Dangerous or Criminal Situations – when you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you may find that you make bad choices. This can lead to injuries or can result in you making a number of criminal or dangerous judgements. For example, you may choose to drive when drunk or high on drugs. This can be incredibly dangerous. If you find yourself making bad choices directly related to your addiction, then this is another sign that it is time for you to seek treatment.
How Do You Know If Rehab Treatment is Right for You?
No matter what type of addiction it is that you are struggling with, it is inevitable that there is an addiction treatment out there that is right for you. Regardless of your type or severity of addiction, rehab is definitely the right choice.
If you want to completely transform your life, do so right now by seeking professional help. You will transform your physical health, your perception of substance abuse, and your mind set by attending a rehab centre. Your best chance of fully recovering from addiction and completely transforming your life is to attend a rehab treatment centre.
If you feel that you have an addiction or that an addiction is just starting, then rehab should be the first choice for you.
How Can You Find a Good Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centre in Croydon?
It can be difficult making the first step towards finding the right treatment centre for your drug or alcohol addiction.
Here at Addiction Advocates, our team of recovery experts are here to help you to find the best treatment centre that suits your individual circumstances in Croydon. We’ll take away the hard work that goes into finding a centre that’s near to you and that offers the best treatment for your addiction.
If you are looking for a drug and alcohol rehab centre in Croydon, get in touch with us to find out more about how we can help you.
What We Offer
Free Telephone Assessment
This is done to assess what sort of help is needed so we can recommend an addiction treatment service that can provide the best help possible.
All calls are strictly confidential and are carried out by a trained healthcare professional.
No obligation recommendations are made after a full assessment of yourself or loved ones situation is fully made.
Recommendations include specialist addiction treatment programmes in CQC regulated facilities based throughout the UK.
If you are unable to afford private treatment then public healthcare and charities would also be recommended to you.
How We Can Support You
We have a large number of helpful services available to help give you the best possible support when it comes to dealing with addiction.
Just some of the services we can offer includes:
- Free confidential telephone assessment
- Recommending CQC regulated residential addiction treatment providers
- Arranging for an intervention, if needed
- Insights into how different therapies and evidence based treatments work
- How detoxification works and what is the most safest option
- What type of rehab and detox programmes would be best suited for yourself or loved one
- Recommendations of the best providers in your area
Why Choose Us?
We can help take the stress out of finding an addiction treatment provider by recommending only the best options available that fully suits your criteria.
The help and advice we can provide includes making sure that your journey towards recovery is one that can definitely be achieved.
Taking the step towards recovery can be incredibly tough but we are here to put your concerns at ease by giving you insights into the safety of undertaking residential addiction treatment and how it can put you on the path towards long lasting recovery from addiction.
Our team of advisors have extensive experience and knowledge about the subject of addiction and the treatment provided so if you have any questions then they will be more than happy to help.
Get started today by calling our friendly team today on 0800 012 6088.