If you are seeking drug and alcohol rehab in the local area of Torquay, we can help you find the right treatment here at Addiction Advocates.
When looking for a rehab clinic you need to know what resources are available in the local area. We are here to guide you on the right path if you need advice and can also arrange addiction treatment on your behalf at one of our treatment centres.
What Treatment is Available in Torquay?
It is important to know that not all rehab centres have the same focus, methods and outcomes; some might have more of a holistic approach, and others might be more traditional.
When looking for addiction treatment centres, speaking to your local GP in Torquay is a good place to start. They can provide you with further information on any local initiatives to combat addiction and access to local Outpatient services via the NHS.
Local Outpatient Services
Outpatient addiction services refer to treatment programs for individuals with substance use disorders that do not require them to live at the treatment facility.
Instead, individuals attend treatment sessions during the day or evening while continuing to live at home or in a sober living facility. Here are some pros and cons of this type of treatment:
- Allows individuals to maintain their daily responsibilities, such as work or school.
- Less expensive than inpatient treatment.
- Often offers a more flexible schedule than inpatient treatment.
- They can also provide a gradual transition from inpatient treatment to independent living.
- It may not be as effective for individuals with severe addiction or co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Requires a strong support system at home.
- Greater chance for individuals to return to the use of substances because of not being under constant supervision.
- It can be harder to spot early warning signs of relapse.
- Detox is not supervised.
It is also worth noting that what works for one person might not work for another. In general, the most effective addiction treatment programs are tailored to meet the specific needs and circumstances of the individual.
Inpatient Rehab Services Torquay
Inpatient addiction services refer to treatment programs for individuals with substance use disorders that require them to live at the treatment facility for a certain period of time. Here are some pros and cons of this type of treatment:
- Provides a safe, controlled environment that is free from triggers and distractions.
- Offers 24-hour supervision and professional support.
- Allows individuals to focus exclusively on their recovery without the distractions and temptations of daily life.
- Provides a personal rehab programme that can include different modules such as behavioural therapy, counselling, medication-assisted treatment, and more.
- High success rates.
- Greater privacy and highly confidential.
- It can be more expensive than outpatient treatment.
- May require individuals to take a leave of absence from work or school.
- Can be disruptive to family and other support systems.
- Limited freedom in comparison to outpatient.
- May not provide the necessary structure and aftercare services for certain individuals
It is also worth noticing that what works for one person might not work for another, and the most effective addiction treatment programs are those that are tailored to meet the specific needs and circumstances of the individual and that may involve a combination of inpatient and outpatient services, depending on the case.
Community Addiction Resources in Torquay
Community-based addiction resources refer to a range of services and programs that are available to individuals struggling with substance use disorders in their local communities. These resources can include the following:
- Support groups: such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), and SMART Recovery, which provide peer-led support for individuals in recovery.
- Rehabilitation and treatment centres: both inpatient and outpatient, that provide professional care and support for individuals struggling with addiction.
- Counseling and therapy: services provided by licensed therapists and counsellors who specialize in substance use disorders.
- Advocacy and education programs: aimed at raising awareness about addiction and providing information on available resources.
- Medical professionals: specialized doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals that can provide medication-assisted treatment, detoxification, and other medical care.
- Community-based organizations: such as non-profit, charity groups and the Torbay council offer support, education, and resources for individuals and families affected by addiction.
Community-based resources can be helpful for many people in addiction recovery since it usually provides free resources compared to the more specialized rehab programmes. These resources also can provide a sense of connection and support for people in recovery, which can be essential for maintaining long-term recovery.
Community resources do help improve long-term recovery rates and should be accessed for a time post-rehab, they certainly can play a role in your rehabilitation journey.
What Type of Rehab is Best?
Inpatient and outpatient rehab are both forms of addiction treatment that can be effective for individuals struggling with substance use disorders.
Both types of rehab have their own advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice will depend on the specific needs and circumstances of the individual.
In general, inpatient rehab is often considered more intensive and effective than outpatient rehab because it provides a safe, controlled environment where individuals can focus exclusively on their recovery without the distractions and temptations of daily life.
Inpatient rehab also allows individuals to receive 24-hour supervision and support and access to a wide range of professional services and treatments, such as behavioural therapy, counselling, and medication-assisted treatment.
If you have a long addiction history and have tried outpatient treatments and relapsed, staying in a drug and alcohol addiction centre for a period of time will introduce you to a wider range of specialised addiction treatments.
What Drugs Addiction can be Treated at Rehab?
In Torquay, drug and alcohol substance disorders can be a problem, and various substances are commonly abused. Here are some of the most common types of addiction in Torquay:
- Alcohol: alcohol abuse is one of the most prevalent forms of addiction in Torquay. Excessive consumption can lead to a wide range of physical and mental health problems and increase the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Opioids: opioid addiction, particularly related to prescription painkillers, is becoming an increasingly significant problem.
- Cannabis: The use of cannabis is one of the most common forms of drug abuse in Torquay.
- Cocaine: The use of cocaine has increased in recent years, and it is considered to be one of the most common illicit drugs in the country.
- Amphetamines: The use of amphetamines, including drugs such as methamphetamine and “Crystal Meth”, is also considered to be an emerging problem in the UK.
- Gambling: Gambling addiction is also an increasing problem in our rehab facilities.
How Does the Admission Process Work?
One of the things that you will likely be curious about is how the admission process works. Many people can be concerned about how we will find the best addiction treatment services for themselves and how we can select the best financial and accessible package for you to benefit from.
We understand that everyone suffering from addiction will be experiencing different circumstances, so we want to ensure that the admission process is as easy and specifically tailored to your current requirements.
When you first call us, an initial assessment will be performed over the phone. This series of questions will help our specialist team to better understand your substance abuse, your medical history, and your general mindset in regard to recovery.
Once this information has been gathered, our specialist can find the perfect treatment plan and residential rehab facility for your specific needs. This can be a daunting process, but we are committed to making it as easy and stress-free for you, so our staff will be available 24/7 for you to speak to regarding any concerns you may have.
Once the admission process has been completed, you can begin your journey to recovery at one of our facilities and experience the benefits of our wide variety of treatments available.
How Does Treatment At Our Specialist Drug And Alcohol Rehab Work?
Drug and alcohol cravings can be severe, and our range of addiction treatments are designed to heal both your body and mind, in a holistic approach.
By employing a mixture of physical and psychological treatments, we will ensure that you achieve a well-rounded and long-term recovery during your time with us — and our treatments will also prepare you for life after rehab, meaning that your chance of relapse is minimal.
You will benefit from a luxurious private room, housekeeping services, and three nutritious meals prepared daily during your stay at our state-of-the-art facilities. This allows you to spend all your time completely focused on your recovery, which is integral to long-lasting sobriety.
You will benefit from a stay at our detox clinic when you first arrive. Detoxification can be extremely unpleasant and dangerous when performed alone without medical support. However, with the aid and constant monitoring of our highly-qualified medical staff, we can safely flush all negative substances from your body and see you through the worst withdrawal symptoms.
Experiencing withdrawal can be one of the main sources of concern for an addict, so we promise to make it as safe as possible and allow you to pass through withdrawal in relative comfort.
The process is the same for alcohol rehabilitation as that for withdrawing from a drug like cocaine. You need to spend a few days without ingesting the drug or consuming alcohol until your body is clear of the substance.
Once your body is primed for recovery, having completed detoxification, we will employ a series of treatments which will get you living your best life in no time. These will include the likes of:
- One-To-One Therapy Sessions — Here you can discuss the causes of your addiction with a therapist, and better understand your own self.
- Group Therapy — Group therapy is crucial in building up a reliable support network to help you through your recovery and maintain sobriety after leaving us.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) — This state-of-the-art therapy will allow you to retrain your brain to avoid giving into addictive tendencies for the rest of your life.
- Exercise — Keeping your body healthy is a key component of a healthy recovery.
- Art Therapy — Expressing yourself in new and different ways can be an excellent outlet for internalised emotions which may be contributing to addictive tendencies.
- Stress Management Classes — Stress can be a huge component of addiction, therefore we will teach you how to try and avoid letting stress become internalised in the future.
- Relapse Prevention — Relapse prevention therapy will mean that you are less likely to experience relapse once you are back home and experiencing your daily routine.
- Aftercare Program — Once you have left our rehab, we want to make sure that you are still staying as healthy as possible. This means that we can offer programs which offer resources and help even after you have left our rehab to keep you on the straight and narrow.
These are just some of the wonderful treatments you can benefit from at our drug and alcohol rehab services. For more information or to start your recovery today, call us on 0800 012 6088, Text HELP To 83222, or contact us through our website.
-  local GP in Torquay - https://healthwatchtorbay.org.uk/torbay-gp-practices/
-  Alcoholics Anonymous - https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/AA-Meetings/Find-a-Meeting/torbay
-  Torbay council offer support - https://www.torbayandsouthdevon.nhs.uk/services/drug-and-alcohol-service/
How does Narcotics Anonymous work? It’s our team question we receive frequently from those looking for additional support. In this article,
What is Motivational Interviewing? Motivational interviewing is a form of therapy used to help treat a wide range of mental
We all know that consuming alcoholic beer can create a bit of havoc on your body if you overstep your
If you are concerned about entering a rehabilitation programme, or simply an AA meeting, you may be worried if it