Drug and alcohol addiction is a growing problem worldwide. It is responsible for thousands of deaths each year. Addiction, when left untreated, can lead to overdose and death. That is why it is important to not only be able to identify the symptoms but also appreciate the potential risks on your health.
Addiction is exceptionally damaging to all areas of your physical and mental health. You can easily suffer from multiple psychological conditions associated with the physical aspects of addiction. Psychosis, anxiety, depression and schizophrenia are among the most common.
Risks of Drug and Alcohol Addiction
The risks of drug and alcohol addiction increase with the longevity of use. The worse the addiction becomes, the more likely you will suffer from multiple conditions. You should be well aware of the implications of addiction. If you believe that your health is suffering due to your addictive habits, we encourage you to reach out to a doctor immediately.
Alternatively, you can contact us at Addiction Advocates. We are here 24/7 to help you create a pathway to recovery. We are here to help you remove addiction from your life. Some of the biggest risk of substance abuse are:
- Heart disease
- Mental confusion and brain damage
- Lung disease
- Memory issues
- Certain cancers
- Digestive issues
- Internal bleeding
Any of these issues can create a ripple effect on your life. Not only does your addiction affect you, but those around you. That is why identifying the symptoms of addiction will be the biggest step. When you reach out, you can relieve the burden that addiction is bringing to your life. You are not alone. Help is always available, and with a dedicated programme bespoke to your needs, the chances of recovery are incredibly high. Private rehab has exceptionally high success rates. The choice is yours, to begin with.
When to Seek Help
Seeking help is not an easy step sometimes. The worries of others’ may overpower your mind. The stigma of addiction can also make you feel ashamed or concerned about reaching out. At private drug and alcohol rehab, there are no judgemental aspects or uncomfortable situations. We are here to help and are glad when people reach out. Your friends and family do not want to see you suffer. The earlier you tackle addiction, the easier it is to recover.
With a network of support and designated treatments, you can effectively recover with a strong team behind you. You should reach out to us if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Changes in activities or loss of interest in hobbies
- Changes in your friendship groups or not socialising at all
- Weakened or strained relationships with family
- Poor performance at work/job loss
- Lying, dishonesty or deceit
- Secretive behaviour and denial about your addiction
- Sleeping often
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Financial troubles
- Lack of personal hygiene
Please reach out to us if you would like to get the help you deserve. Don’t let addiction rob you of any more precious time.
Detox Treatments and Therapies
Numerous drug and alcohol detox treatments and therapies are available today. Whilst these may not have previously been available to you, at drug and alcohol rehab, you will have access to all. There are three key stages to rehab. These include detox, therapies and aftercare. These are implemented over a 30-day period. You may stay less or longer, depending on your plan.
Beyond the 12-Step treatment plans, private rehab has an extensive strategy to beat addiction. The key treatments and therapies that you will encounter at rehab are:
- Detox: removal of the addictive substance from the body in a safe medical environment
- CBT Therapy (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy): a way to adapt, learn and change your thinking habits and behavioural patterns when it comes to addiction
- One-to-One Counselling: individual counselling allows you to explore numerous elements of your addiction. You can speak in detail about your fears and delve into past and present traumas
- Group Counselling: this will take place with other members also facing addiction. It is a great way to share stories, and a brilliant way to gain extra support
- Family Counselling: if you desire to heal collectively as a family, then family counselling is the best option. It will allow you to share your progress, talk through any issues facing your relationships and learn to understand heal together
- Art Therapy: art is an excellent way to share your thoughts. We encourage arts and crafts as a cathartic method
- Physical Activities: this may be a simple walk, a trip to the gym, activities in our facility, such as yoga and mindfulness. Healing the body will also heal the mind, so we love to run these treatments in conjunction with one another
Cost of Private Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Private rehab varies in price, depending on the length of your stay. You can expect to pay around £1,500 per week. You may spend around £6,000 for the whole rehabilitation treatment.
- 1-week rehab program: £1500+
- 2-week rehab program: £3000+
- 3-week rehab program: £5000+
- 4-week rehab program: £6500+
If you are concerned about funding alcohol and drug rehab, please note that some payment options are available. Some insurance companies will cover the cost of your rehab, so please do reach out to learn more.
Self and Family Referrals Through Addiction Advocates
You can easily refer yourself via our website. We are available 24/7 to assist you. If you want to get in touch on behalf of someone else or stage an intervention, we are happy to discuss this. You are not alone on this journey. We would be happy to talk about treatment options and even plan a visit to see one of our clinics. We want you to feel like it’s home. Therefore, you’ll feel comfortable from start to finish in the presence of our incredible team.
For more information, please contact us on 0800 012 6088 or Text HELP To 83222. We want to help you start your journey to freedom.