We’re here to help you find the most effective drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster. Like many cities around the UK, Doncaster has its fair share of people struggling alcohol or drug abuse. As a result, there are a variety of services offering rehab. But finding the right one for your circumstances can be confusing.Doncaster
That’s why Addiction Advocates is here: to learn about your current set of circumstances and link you with the best treatment option that offers the chance of long-term success. Contact one of our friendly team today and we’ll kickstart your journey towards recovery.
Are you ready for rehab?
The idea of rehab is often linked with high-profile celebrities. The media often provides lurid stories of celebs in rehab with little by way of sympathy. This can increase the stigma surrounding rehab, which is unfortunate as it can dissuade people from reaching out.
In fact, rehab is open to anybody with drug or alcohol addiction and it shouldn’t be seen in a negative light. After all, accepting that you have a problem is a major step towards recovery.
The fact that you’re reading this suggests that you’re ready for progress. There may be a long way to go – and you may feel you’ve reached rock bottom – but gaining a sense of perspective is incredibly important. Once you’ve realised you’ve got a problem, it’s time to reach out.
Contact our supportive team and we’ll talk through your treatment options for drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster. We’ll help point you in the right direction.
We understand that quitting an addictive substance is incredibly difficult. Willpower alone isn’t enough. The nature of addiction is that it can take a hold of your mind and shift its chemical balance. All the logic and willpower in the world can’t compete with the overwhelming desire for the substance.
In essence, addiction reconfigures you brain so that getting ‘the fix’ becomes the most important thing in your life. All other considerations – no matter how important – become seemingly irrelevant.
This is why addiction is inextricably linked to your personal circumstances and relationships. One affects the other. For example, addiction can have a negative impact on:
- Health and wellbeing
Of course, these can also be causal factors behind your addiction. Traumatic events can also lead to addiction. But whatever the cause, and no matter what the extent, there is a way out.
What can you expect from drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster?
Rehab services come in a variety of forms. From casual drop-in groups, to one-to-one professional guidance, all the way through to residential rehab centres.
Residential settings have a major advantage in that they allow addiction sufferers to solely focus on their recovery. Meals are taken care of, activities are arranged and they are guided through a tailored rehab programme.
Treatment programmes can vary, but may include:
- Tapered withdrawal: individuals are taken through a detox programme where they gradually reduce their substance dependence. Attempting withdrawal at home can be dangerous, even fatal, so it’s essential to go through the process with professional guidance and clinical support.
- Exercise: exercise gets the blood pumping and unleashes feel good hormones (endorphins). It also increases the the feeling of wellbeing as you reduce your dependency. This may include brisk walks or a yoga-based programme.
- Individual counselling: one-to-one sessions with a qualified counsellor or psychologist can help get to the root of your addiction. Talking through your situation, worries, and troubles (or even hopes) can help clear your mind and understand the reasons for your addiction and how best to tackle it.
- Meditation: no longer the sole domain of Yogi’s, meditation is a way of relaxing the mind and emptying it of anxious thoughts. There are different types of meditation but it can be as simple as listening to your own breath.
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is now established as an effective therapy for addiction. It teaches you to better understand how your thoughts and feelings contribute to your addiction. Not just that, it also teaches you how to redirect these thoughts and feelings so you can make better decisions in the future.
In short: there are many options for drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster. Simply get in touch and we’ll direct you towards the right one for you.
Why professional help matters
Some people have the misconception that rehab centres are harsh environments which are run with military discipline. Actually, they are incredibly supportive and comfortable environments. While they provide structured rehabilitation programmes, these are geared towards the best interests of the service user.
We will never send you to a place where you feel ‘institutionalised’. Instead, you’ll be in the hands of people who have your best interests at heart and who have the professional expertise to help you in your recovery and get your life back on track.
As we’ve already mentioned, willpower won’t suffice. Addiction sufferers need a programme – tailored to their needs – supported by addiction professionals, to help take them away from addiction safely and successfully.
We can’t pretend that relapse isn’t a possibility. For that reason we might recommend a service which also provides aftercare. This means that when you return to your usual surroundings you still have support as and when you need it.
Whichever treatment programme we recommend for your drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster, it will be based on your individual requirements.
Find drug and alcohol rehab in Doncaster
While you can try and access rehab in Doncaster with the NHS, you might end up on a lengthy waiting list. If you are lucky enough to access their addiction services, the treatment options they have available may be limited due to budgetary constraints.
However, we’re able to link you with the addiction treatment programme which provides the greatest chance of a successful result – all suited to your budget and personal circumstances. We’ll take away the hassle and sort through the options so you don’t have to.
Even if you’ve relapsed in the past, it doesn’t mean you will this time.
What We Offer
Free Telephone Assessment
This is done to assess what sort of help is needed so we can recommend an addiction treatment service that can provide the best help possible.
All calls are strictly confidential and are carried out by a trained healthcare professional.
No obligation recommendations are made after a full assessment of yourself or loved ones situation is fully made.
Recommendations include specialist addiction treatment programmes in CQC regulated facilities based throughout the UK.
If you are unable to afford private treatment then public healthcare and charities would also be recommended to you.
How We Can Support You
We have a large number of helpful services available to help give you the best possible support when it comes to dealing with addiction.
Just some of the services we can offer includes:
- Free confidential telephone assessment
- Recommending CQC regulated residential addiction treatment providers
- Arranging for an intervention, if needed
- Insights into how different therapies and evidence based treatments work
- How detoxification works and what is the most safest option
- What type of rehab and detox programmes would be best suited for yourself or loved one
- Recommendations of the best providers in your area
Why Choose Us?
We can help take the stress out of finding an addiction treatment provider by recommending only the best options available that fully suits your criteria.
The help and advice we can provide includes making sure that your journey towards recovery is one that can definitely be achieved.
Taking the step towards recovery can be incredibly tough but we are here to put your concerns at ease by giving you insights into the safety of undertaking residential addiction treatment and how it can put you on the path towards long lasting recovery from addiction.
Our team of advisors have extensive experience and knowledge about the subject of addiction and the treatment provided so if you have any questions then they will be more than happy to help.
Get started today by calling our friendly team today on 0800 012 6088.