Drug and alcohol rehab Middlesbrough do offer the very best chance of making a long term recovery with evidence-based treatment programmes that have been proven to be effective. Although there is no magic bullet when it comes to beating addiction. It is always a difficult process and anyone who does want to quit drink or drugs must be serious and willing to put in the work.Middlesbrough
Why you might need help to beat your addictions
The American Psychiatric Association defines addiction as a complex disease of the brain that results in compulsive substance use despite the fact that the addict knows there may be negative consequences.
Substance misuse essentially rewires the brain and changes how we function. Studies using brain imaging technology have demonstrated changes in parts of the brain related to judgment, decision making, learning, memory and behaviour control.
The addict can also experience severe physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms when they do not get access to drugs or alcohol.
All this helps to explain why drug or alcohol addiction is such an incredibly difficult cycle to break away from. Like other diseases though, addiction can be successfully treated. This is where drug and alcohol treatment centres can help people whose lives are being controlled or ruined by their addictions.
Signs that you have a drug or alcohol problem
As well as compulsive behaviour in terms of continued substance use, drink and drug addiction is often accompanied by dishonesty. It can be difficult to admit that you have a problem, and this includes admitting it to yourself.
Many addicts downplay or make excuses for their drug or alcohol consumption and are often in denial.
Admitting that you have a problem is a huge step forward and one that allows you to seek the help you need. It can still be difficult but here are some signs that you might have an addiction problem:
- Increasing consumption of drugs or alcohol
- Increased tolerance – needing more drugs or alcohol to get the same effect
- Feeling bad when you don’t use drink or drugs
- Continuing to use despite negative consequences
- Drinking or using drugs alone
- Making excuses for substance use, such as celebrations or needing to relax
- Being secretive or hiding your usage
- Avoiding situations and activities where you can’t use the substance
- Basing your social circle around drinking or drug use
- Losing interest in other people and activities
- Mood swings and psychological issues
- A range of physical symptoms that could range from infections to serious illnesses such as liver disease
What to expect from drug and alcohol rehab clinics
Many people have misconceptions about what a stay in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre might entail. Some people have the impression that rehab is only for the rich and famous.
A lot of celebrities do attend rehab and this often makes the pages of the tabloids. There are certainly high-end, high-luxury rehab places for drugs and alcohol available but there are also plenty of relatively cheap rehab options for ‘ordinary’ clients.
At the other end of the spectrum, some people might expect a drug abuse treatment rehabilitation facility to be closer to a prison environment. If you check into a rehab centre you will certainly be encouraged to stay and to participate fully in the drug and alcohol treatment programmes available but you are not held against your will.
Most drug and alcohol rehab centres are relaxed and well-appointed facilities. They provide a safe and secure environment in which you can concentrate on battling your addiction and starting to get well.
Drug and alcohol treatment options available
Most complete rehabilitation programmes combine a range of treatments and approaches into a single package tailored to meet your own situation and requirements.
Most treatments start with detoxification, which is the period during which you metabolise or process the toxic and addictive substances already in your system. This is a crucial part of recovery and can be difficult and even dangerous to undertake without expert help.
Undergoing detox at a rehab centre is a supervised process with all the support and medical assistance you might need. This includes helping you to overcome withdrawal symptoms, which can be severe.
Some people might enter rehab having already undergone detox, however. Longer, more holistic treatment programmes will accompany or follow up the detoxification process with a number of other treatments.
These could include things like:
- Medicinal treatments. These can help to stabilise some people and to deal with withdrawal symptoms. This is only done by qualified, trained staff where it is safe and appropriate treatment.
- Talking therapies. Therapies like group therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be very useful in exploring the root causes of addiction and changing the way you think about your relationship to drugs and/or alcohol.
- Relaxation and stress management. This could involve approaches such as mindfulness and meditation.
- Aftercare Support is important once you have left the rehab centre and having the right aftercare and support in place can help you to avoid the dangers of relapse.
Finding the right drug and alcohol rehab Middlesbrough
If you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Middlesbrough you might not be entirely sure where to start. There might be numerous rehab clinics in the area and a wide range of treatment options available. It can be difficult to sift through the choices to find the right one, especially if you are currently in the grip of a destructive cycle of addiction.
We can help by finding a rehab clinic that suits your own individual needs. We never forget that everyone’s situation is different and we have a wealth of experience in finding the right place for the right person.
If you feel that treatment in a rehab clinic can help you to deal with problems you are going through, call or message us today to find out how we can help.
What We Offer
Free Telephone Assessment
This is done to assess what sort of help is needed so we can recommend an addiction treatment service that can provide the best help possible.
All calls are strictly confidential and are carried out by a trained healthcare professional.
No obligation recommendations are made after a full assessment of yourself or loved ones situation is fully made.
Recommendations include specialist addiction treatment programmes in CQC regulated facilities based throughout the UK.
If you are unable to afford private treatment then public healthcare and charities would also be recommended to you.
How We Can Support You
We have a large number of helpful services available to help give you the best possible support when it comes to dealing with addiction.
Just some of the services we can offer includes:
- Free confidential telephone assessment
- Recommending CQC regulated residential addiction treatment providers
- Arranging for an intervention, if needed
- Insights into how different therapies and evidence based treatments work
- How detoxification works and what is the most safest option
- What type of rehab and detox programmes would be best suited for yourself or loved one
- Recommendations of the best providers in your area
Why Choose Us?
We can help take the stress out of finding an addiction treatment provider by recommending only the best options available that fully suits your criteria.
The help and advice we can provide includes making sure that your journey towards recovery is one that can definitely be achieved.
Taking the step towards recovery can be incredibly tough but we are here to put your concerns at ease by giving you insights into the safety of undertaking residential addiction treatment and how it can put you on the path towards long lasting recovery from addiction.
Our team of advisors have extensive experience and knowledge about the subject of addiction and the treatment provided so if you have any questions then they will be more than happy to help.
Get started today by calling our friendly team today on 0800 012 6088.